In today’s article, We’ll share a small case about how to accelerate your blog for free. The article will be useful for webmasters who have blogs and who want to promote them even better in search engines.
Why do you need to speed up your blog?
Load speed directly affects the ranking in search engines. If all other things being equal, the page that is loaded faster will be higher. Pretty obvious and clear.
The second important point is a convenience for visitors. You’ve probably been to some sites many times and were nervous because of their long loading. Sometimes we just don’t wait until the site is loaded and close it. So webmasters lose visitors, and perhaps customers, behavioral factors getting worse, and we rank lower and lower. In general, speed is important, and this is a fact.
How to check the speed?
Check how quickly your resource loading is very easy. To do this, just use the tool Google PageSpeed here. Just enter the site, click to check and get the results. I advise you to check for smartphones too. In fact, this is even more important, because phones are often working on a slow Internet. If your site has a score above 90, that’s fine, but if less, you need to work a little harder.
How can I speed up my blog?
- Remove unnecessary plugins and modules. Any plugin or module slows down the site, so you should install only those modules that are really needed by the site. Review all the plugins that are on your site and remove some of them(if you got more than 5 you definitely got something not really important), or if you can replace them with code. For example, to display the social network buttons or evaluation of the article plug-ins are not necessary, everything can be done with the help of simple code.
- Install a caching module or plugin. The module simultaneously accelerates the site and reduces the load on the hosting. The point is that when the visitor refreshes the page, it will be loaded to him not from the server, but from the cache. Thus, he will get the results much faster.
- Use Database optimizing plugins once in a month. This sort of module removes all kinds of garbage – all that the site does not need and that slows down the loading. All it takes is to let it optimize DB and when the plugin does its job, I disable it, again, so as not to burden the blog. But before you do it, it’s better to back up the site, just in case.
- Optimize the pictures. On some sites, you can find images that take up 200 kb. This is a lot, way too much. Always reduce the size of your pictures, unless your site is about professional photo shooting. Always save for Web (usually an option in any editing programs) in the format of JPEG or PNG. But don’t forget to look at the picture and experiment, the main thing is to make the smallest size without a significant loss of quality. It is important in this way to optimize all the images of the site design including logo and images in the header and footer because they are loading on each page.
- Choose a fast hosting plan. Hosting also depends a lot, even if you do all the steps above, the result may not be good enough if the hosting will be bad. It is better to pay a bit more but choose a good one. Read reviews online, check which hosting sites have fast sites and choose the best option for your price and needs. Unless you got a blog that contains a lot7 of files, always prefer SSD over HDD.
After these steps you can check the download speed of your site and compare the results, We think they will pleasantly surprise you. And if you do not have time to do all this routine work, you can order the service of acceleration from the freelancer. He will do everything for you for a small fee.
Hello! Let’s get acquainted?
I really do not know the right solution, can you give me a hand here?
Thank you very much for the information provided
I’m very impressed
Hello, after reading this remarkable article i am as well delighted to share my know-how here with colleagues.