- What are LSI Keywords?
- Why are LSI Keywords Important?
- Best Practices
- 1.Google Autocomplete
- 2.Look for Related Searches on Google
- 3.Google Keyword Planner
- Steps to Use Google Keyword Planner tool
- 4.Google Trends
- 5.LSIGraph – free online LSI keyword generator
- Steps to use LSIGraph
- Difference Between Features of Free and Pro Version
- How to use KeyWordTool.io?
- Features you get from the extension includes
- What Does the Tool Provide?
- 10.Niche Laboratory
- Steps to use search the long-tail keywords
- 11.Keyword Eye
- How to use Keyword Eye?
- 12.Ultimate Keyword Hunter
- Features list
- Steps to use
- 13.Keywords Suggestion Tool
- How to use Keyword Suggestion Tool?
- 14.SEOPressor Connect
- How SEOPressor Connect Works?
- 16.Twinword Ideas LSI Graph
- 17.Semantic Link
- 18.Answer The Public
- Wrapping Up
What are LSI Keywords?
LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords are conceptually related terms that search engines use to deeply understand content on a webpage.
Why are LSI Keywords Important?
In the early days of SEO, Google and other search engines would figure out a page’s topic based 100% on the keywords they found on the page.
So if Google saw the keyword “Content Marketing” over and over again, they’d say: “This page is obviously about content marketing”.
That’s why keyword density was so important back in the day.
If you didn’t use your keyword bunch of times, Google wouldn’t understand that your page was about that term.
Fast forward to today, and Google is MUCH smarter.
Today, Google’s goal is to figure out a page’s overall topic.
And Google relies on LSI keywords to understand content at such a deep level.
For example, let’s say you just published a blog post about cold brew coffee.
Google will still scan your page to see if you use the term “cold brew coffee” in your title tag, content, image alt text, etc.
But they’ll also scan your page for LSI keywords (like “filter”, “temperature”, “grind”, “cold water”, and “ice”).
And when they see these LSI keywords in your content, they’ll say: “We’re confident that this page is about the topic of cold brew coffee.”
So if you think that will I be able to rank at the top with my content if I use LSI keywords?
It isn’t only about using the LSI keywords in your post but you need to include them naturally in your post and not just stuffing them. Try to cover all the LSI keywords topic at least in brief in your post to maintain the quality of your post and to increase the quantity as well, and all these together will help you to rank properly in the search results.
Google Autocomplete is one of the fastest and easiest ways to uncover LSI terms to use in your content.
The biggest problem with LSI keywords is that there are not many tools available for researching LSI keywords related to your target keywords. The easiest and most convenient method for doing this is by using a Google search. Whenever you search for any keyword in Google, it shows more searches related to similar keywords.
2.Look for Related Searches on Google
When you’re learning how to find LSI keywords, Google is a good place to start. A simple LSI keywords example is the group of related searches at the bottom of a search results page.
The results are similar to a semantic keyword tool as they help you find related queries and show you how searchers word various search phrases.
3.Google Keyword Planner
Google keyword planner is the best tool to use for searching for the LSI keywords; Google keyword planner is available to use for free. You just need an AdWord account for that, which you can easily create using your Gmail information.
To use google keyword planner, just click here to go to their website. If you haven’t used AdWord before you need to feel the basic information, and you will be taken to their AdWord page which looks like the one shown below.
Enter the keyword at the top input box of the google keyword planner and select the different options in Targeting such as Country, Language, etc. and click on the “Get ideas” button. You will be provided with all kinds of different ad groups and their keywords.
Now click on the keyword ideas and list of all the LSI keywords according to the google will be listed on a page. You can view and use those keywords into your post content to rank your post
Steps to Use Google Keyword Planner tool
- Type in the product or service name in the search bar.
- Select the distinct category or a target landing page. (You can even avoid this step.)
- Select the targeting locations and languages if any.
- You can customize your search by adding keyword filters.
- Once you are done hit the “Get Ideas” button.
This a way to find how popular LSI keywords or main keywords current user of the custom demographic. It’s giving you regional charts, so you come up with more potential keywords.
Simply type the search term in the explore bar and select the desired category and target country. Consequently, you can now see the interest over time and by region for the past 5 years.
Seems like the tool is really very helpful for every blogger to decide important aspects like whether or not to publish a blog post for a target keyword after knowing it’s popularity in the market, regions to promote, and queries to cover.
5.LSIGraph – free online LSI keyword generator
LSIGraph is the latest free SEO tool on the market which allows you to generate Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords. This is by far the simplest tool anyone can use, even with no SEO skills at all. All you need to do is add your target keyword, and it will generate the associated LSI keywords. Let’s take a look at a screenshot of LSIGraph:
Steps to use LSIGraph
- Type the name of the keyword in the text field.
- Verify the Captcha and it’s all DONE!
Simple, Isn’t it?
You get a huge list depending upon how popular the target keyword is. So, pick the best and start stuffing in your article.
One of the famous keyword research tool used by many industries. Keyword Tool is known as the number one Free alternative to Google Keyword Planner.
It generates long-tail keywords from Google, YouTube, Bing Ads, Amazon, Google Suggest, and App store.
However, the tool provides a PRO version optimized for Google and YouTube as well. The Pro version open ups feature like – Search Volume, Competition Level Or Cost-Per-Click Data.
Difference Between Features of Free and Pro Version
- One thing that Google Keyword Planner doesn’t include is auto search keywords. Whereas, these popular and relevant keywords are extracted by keywordtool.io.
- In the Free version, only 10 autocomplete keyword suggestions are included whereas, 20 keywords are covered in the Pro version of the tool.
How to use KeyWordTool.io?
- Type in the name of a search term in the address bar.
- Select the desired search engine, domain, and language. Hit search.
- The results displayed in two categories – Keyword Suggestions and other is Questions.
- You can further filter out the results by providing negative words which limit to 5 in Free version (you can add more than 2,000 negative keywords in Pro version) and target words to search within the keyword list.
Take your keyword research to an entirely new level using this absolutely Free UberSuggest tool.
UberSuggest generates tons of keyword ideas for specific spaces like web, images, Shopping, YouTube, and News. Moreover, the tool assists you to filter the target keyword in particular countries.
In addition to this, Uber Suggest introduces Keyword Everywhere chrome extension which generates keyword volume, CPC and competition data.
Features you get from the extension includes
- Country-specific search volume.
- Export keyword data using the “Favorite” option.
- Allows you to add all keywords in the content through “Adds all Keywords” option.
- Analyze 10,000 LSI keywords at a time if you select “Bulk” option.
It gives more closely related terms that aren’t straight up variations of the target keyword.
For example, when you type “SEO tools” into LSIKeywords.com, you will get tons of related terms (like “Google Analytics”) that make PERFECT LSI keywords.
For each search query the LSI keyword generator displays up to 5000 Keywords and further provides the monthly volume, CPC and competition information for each generated keyword.
Interesting about this tool is that you can not only analyze one keyword, but 10 keywords at a time. This means that you could put all your main keywords into this tool at the same time to generate a more precise LSI keyword list for your content.
The full generated keyword list can be exported into an excel, CSV or PDF file. But, unfortunately, the tool does not have the option to export only a selected number of keywords. However, with the help of the search function, you can export a list of keywords containing a specific word.
Another helpful option is the country filter, which enables you to choose between either all countries, or one of the following countries: US, Australia, Canada, India New Zealand, South Africa, UK. You can also choose whether you want to generate a list of only LSI keywords, long-tail keywords, or both.
While using the tool, however, if you decide to search only for LSI keywords, the tool sometimes does not provide any LSI keywords even for easy search terms such as “computer”. In combination with long-tail keywords it seems to be no problem, but that is certainly an issue to consider especially if you are a frequent user.
It is the best keyword research tool for long tail keywords. Long Tail Pro has evolved into the ultimate SEO research tool in the market with time.
If you want to flood your website with a massive amount of free and profitable traffic you need to have a keyword that customers are searching for and ready to buy!
Probably to accomplish it you need long-tail keywords which make up over 70% of all search engine traffic.
Long-tail pro was developed in 2011 the tool is proven to be a powerful keyword competitive research tool.
What Does the Tool Provide?
1. Rapidly generates hundreds of keywords options with seed keywords.
2. By adding domain you can find out what level of keyword difficulty you should target.
3. You can perform deep competitive analysis with detailed metrics on every search results.
4. Brand new Rank Value feature helps you to understand Keyword Profitability.
About Pricing Plans:
- The monthly starter plan is $37.
- Long-tail pro provides 7 Days Free Trial.
Niche Laboratory is another free online keyword research tool that generates topics and niches for your main keyword.
One great thing about niche laboratory website is it provides results covering varied areas like:
- Ambiguity detection, keywords, phrases, phrase usage chart, a word cloud of synonyms,
- top-ranking websites for the primary word, title tags, meta description tags, meta keywords of websites ranking on that keyword,
- website competition matrix, niche-specific images,
- niche products from Amazon.com and AliExpress,
- discussion forums, related news stories from Google news, raw data etc.
Point to look for:
While the tool provides varied results, the results contains so many ambiguous words. Seems like you need to search a needle from the bunch of straw!
Steps to use search the long-tail keywords
- Simply type your keyword into the search box.
- Click on the Generate Report button.
- After a few minutes, the site generates a report with a lot of useful information.
- You are all set to use the report for your content, micro-niche site, etc.
How to use Keyword Eye?
Alright so before you decide to get a pro account why not try the free version? Get satisfied whether the tool provides you with enough details that you are looking for!
Follow these steps to add more suggestive words to your content –
- On the homepage of the website head over to the pricing tab and click on choose your plan button.
- Click on Keyword Eye Membership tab.
- A form pops up. Fill it out. Make sure you avoid spaces, dashes and special characters while filling username.
- Head over to your mail to click the confirmation link.
- You are all set to use the dashboard now. Go to the New tab and type in your Keyword to get the results.
The tool gives you the freedom to choose a specific platform like Google, YouTube, Amazon etc. You can even add filters for more detailed analysis.
Keyword Eye membership provides:
- Free registration
- Along with you get a 2 Week Free Trial of SEMRush Tools!
12.Ultimate Keyword Hunter
Most of all this LSI keyword software tool is downloadable. Probably it has got some basic system requirement which is not a matter to worry about.
- Find keywords based on Google’s top sites.
- Compose a list of target websites to analyze, stop words, words count.
- Multi-language support.
- Import/Export keyword list from CSV file.
Steps to use
- Enter the target keyword or phrase in the text bar furthermore you can add word count, site count, search engine and domain information.
- From the list of resultant keywords, you can limit the number of websites and adjust stop words to refine the results more precisely.
- Perform latent semantic analysis on terms and phrases to rank high in search engine rankings.
Choose from 2 words, 3 words, etc. to get more suitable data.
- “Preview” option lets you create content based on your search terms. So, as you create and cover a specific keyword it gets a strikethrough on the right-hand side.
In addition to this, it keeps track of the occurrences and keyword density.
13.Keywords Suggestion Tool
..this tool produces the best and most searched keywords from target engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
How to use Keyword Suggestion Tool?
Attract more traffic by ranking your page higher in search engines in just a few clicks.
- Enter the keyword to research in the text field and hit Suggest.
- The results are sorted alphabetically. Moreover, you can add all keywords to your basket or perform selection to use in the title tag, meta description, and content easily by clicking on the + icon.
How SEOPressor Connect Works?
First of all, the tool gathers all the essential data for your website to optimize.
- So, if you are worried about not optimizing your website the way Google wants it?
..seems like the system emulates the way Google ranks a website for you!
- Secondly, to check whether your website is ready for the semantic web as the internet is moving..
..the tool has developed semantic builder to get things done.
SEOPressor LSI keywords engine delivers unlimited LSI keywords.
Keys4up is a very simple LSI keyword generator that provides you with around 10 LSI keywords per search query. If you want to have access to the full keyword list you have to register with your mail address.
After some more search queries, however, the webpage wants you to share this tool on your social media to further receive the full keyword list, which is quite inconvenient.
It is possible to export either the full keywords provided or a selection of those as a CSV file. Further, the tool gives you the option to display LSI keywords containing either 1, 2, or more than 3 words. This makes it easy if you are specifically looking for short- or long tail keywords. A special feature of this tool is the “4Up” index which represents an indication of how often you should include that LSI keyword in your content.
Of course, the number of how often you include a keyword in your content should also strongly depend on its length. However, especially for beginners this is a helpful feature.
Additionally, this LSI keyword tool has its keywords organized in a visually pleasing manner. So, if you are looking for a simple LSI keyword tool to boost your content, Keys4up might be the right tool for your LSI keyword research.
16.Twinword Ideas LSI Graph
Twinword Ideas LSI Graph is another interesting tool. Instead of a list, it visualizes the semantic relationships between keywords. You get an unlimited amount of search queries without any limit on generated LSI keywords.
Compared to all the other free LSI tools, Twinword Idea’s LSI Graph generates unique LSI keywords that are able to increase the relatedness of your content with your topic.
Additional to the LSI Graph you can also check out trending related keywords including information such as search volume, organic competition, paid competition and relevance. All of that information can be either visualized in a graph or downloaded as an Excel, CSV or Open Document file.
Next to that, Twinword Ideas can also generate keyword suggestions for your topic and lets you filter those by user intents such as know, do, and buy.
Overall, Twinword Ideas and its LSI Graph can not only find the right LSI keywords for your content, but can also assist your future content creation with its additional tools.
Semantic Link is another simplistic free LSI keyword generator. Different from other LSI tools, Semantic Link analyzes text from the English Wikipedia to find pairs of words that are semantically related. It does so by using a statistical measure that is called MI, short for “mutual information”. Using this method, the LSI keyword generator provides you with the top 100 related keywords for each query.
A big disadvantage, however, is that the tool only analyzes keywords with at least 1,000 occurrences in Wikipedia. That results in this tool not being useful for numerous keywords. For example, the previously used search term “avocado” does not work with Semantic Link.
Another drawback is that the generated LSI keywords can’t be exported into a different file and are difficult to copy due to each keyword being a clickable button. All of this makes the usage of Semantic Link inconvenient despite its simplicity.
Accordingly, although Semantic Link might be an easy tool for occasional usage on popular topics, it certainly is not the best fit for discovering new topics.
18.Answer The Public
You might have heard already about Answer The Public as a keyword suggestion tool, but in fact it can also function as an LSI keyword generator as it gives you related words for each search query. In total, this tool generates questions, keywords containing prepositions, comparisons, an alphabetical keyword list, and last but not least, related keywords.
All of these can be either displayed visually, or in list format, and the keywords can be downloaded as a CSV file, while images can be saved as pictures. Unfortunately, the related keywords section itself is only around 20 keywords, however, with the help of all the other suggested keywords you can find enough related keywords to use in your content.
Although the number of different keywords might be a bit overwhelming at first, the tool is easier to use than expected. Also, depending on your preference you can choose between visual presentation of the keywords or a simple list format.
Unfortunately, the free version lets you analyze keywords only with data from the UK and in English, which can be a huge drawback when you are targeting a specific country other than the UK.
Another great keyword suggestion tool to satisfy your LSI keyword needs is KWFinder. Similar to Keyword Tool, this LSI tool generates keywords mostly containing more than one word, making it easy for you to generate the right words to use in your content.
The free version of KWFinder gives you only a few search queries per day that include around 50 generated keywords each. Further, you can choose between suggestions, autocomplete, or questions, and you can filter for countries and languages including the option to search for any country and any language.
With the help of additional filters, you can include or exclude keywords from your generated list, or filter according to number of words and other factors. The full list of keywords or a selection of it can be copied or exported as a CSV file.
As seen in the example below, when using autocomplete for the search term “avocado” the tool provides you with the same keywords as Keyword Tool, which is expected as they both use Google Autocomplete to generate these words.
With this tool, however, you can also access additional information such as search volume, Cost Per Click, level of competition in PPC (Pay Per Click), and keyword difficulty, which can suggest you to use some words more often than others.
Because this tool also generates questions and general keyword suggestions including Keyword SEO Difficulty scores, it is a great tool during the beginning stages of your content creation or when you are searching for new topics to endeavor.
For the topic “avocado” KWFinder tells you that it will be hard to rank high for this topic. It also shows you the currently highest-ranking websites for avocado including lots of information about their website strength. Accordingly, you can decide to either change your topic or to target a more specific keyword.
All in all, KWFinder is another all-rounder that can help you with your overall content creation as well as with your LSI keyword research. The only drawback is the free daily limit of search queries with the limited number of generated keywords. So, if you are a frequent user of this tool you might consider upgrading to one of the paid accounts to make full use of this tool’s potential.
Using LSI keywords is important if you want to get a huge amount of organic traffic from various search results. Semantic keywords increase your chance of getting ranked higher in Google and also increase the number of organic keywords to your post.
LSI Keywords are useful and is supported by various search engines to generate their search result. It also protects you from getting your blog post spam as it helps Google to know about the topic more preciously and show the result according to it.